At Cognition LLP, we created NewLaw in Canada. Over the past ten years, we transformed the delivery of corporate and commercial legal services, by offering flexible, best-in-class legal solutions at less than half the cost of traditional law firms. Cognition lawyers have a winning combination of national firm training and hands-on, senior in-house experience. We deliver the most operationally knowledgeable legal advice at transparent, value pricing. With over 50 lawyers on our team, Cognition is proud to have made the PROFIT 500 List of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies, not just once, but for the past 4 years in a row.
Many businesses and non-profit organizations needed more consistent legal support but could not afford the exorbitant rates of major firms. Why not provide experienced lawyers at the price of a big-firm, junior lawyer? Out of this, a new model of law firm was born. Cognition’s current team of 28 lawyers specialize in providing operational legal advice, including:
- commercial work, such as drafting and negotiating contracts;
- employment matters and agreements;
- IT procurement, policies and related matters;
- Governance, policy drafting and committee charters and engagement;
- marketing and advertising review;
- intellectual property management;
- not-for-profit organizational work.