Private School Leadership Courses
Principals Course Part 1
Foundations of Independent School Operation in Ontario
Whether founding a new school or taking on a new leadership role in an established school, this course will provide the core knowledge and introduce the skills required to successfully operate an independent school in Ontario. Critical concepts and key resources for independent school leaders will be explored in depth, including:
- Private Schools Policies and Procedure Manual
- The independent School sector’s relationship with the Ministry of Education
- Responsibilities of the private/independent school principal
- Understanding the validation process and preparing for the inspection (Inspected high schools only)
Additional topics of discussion will include Human Resource considerations for independent schools (hiring practices, employment contracts, etc.), marketing and recruiting students, and policy development. A Certificate of Completion will be issued to all individuals who successfully fulfill all course requirements.
The course is relevant to all school levels (elementary and secondary school) for both. ‘in-person’ and ‘on-line’ school models. There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Winter Session (ONLINE) – January 30-February 2, 2023 – 9am-4pm (Register)
- Spring Session – April 17-20, 2023 – 9am-4pm