Private School Leadership Courses
Foundations of Independent School Operation in Ontario
Whether founding a new school or taking on a new leadership role in an established school, this course will provide the core knowledge and introduce the skills required to successfully operate an independent school in Ontario. Critical concepts and key resources for independent school leaders will be explored in depth, including:
- Private Schools Policies and Procedure Manual
- The independent School sector’s relationship with the Ministry of Education
- Responsibilities of the private/independent school principal
- Understanding the validation process and preparing for the inspection (Inspected high schools only)
Additional topics of discussion will include Human Resource considerations for independent schools (hiring practices, employment contracts, etc.), marketing and recruiting students, and policy development. A Certificate of Completion will be issued to all individuals who successfully fulfill all course requirements.
The course is relevant to all school levels (elementary and secondary school) for both. ‘in-person’ and ‘on-line’ school models. This course is a prerequisite for the OFIS Independent School Principals course. There are no prerequisites for this course. Participants preparing for leadership in Elementary schools only are required to attend 4 days only (Monday-Thursday). Secondary school leaders are required to attend the full session.
- Summer Session – July 12-16, 2021 – 9am – 4pm (Register)
Principals Course (PSP I & II)
PSP courses are currently on hold, check back later for more information